- address or postcode;
- telephone number;
- mobile number;
- email address;
(together, the "Information").
It is also intended to assist You in making informed decisions when using our Website and our products and services. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
All Your Information shall be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") where applicable. If You want to know what Information we collect and hold about You, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HAT Services Limited is the data controller of Your Information for the purposes of the Act.
2. What Information Do We Collect
When You visit our Website You may provide us with the following types of information:
- Information, as listed above, that You provide to us on an individual basis during Registration or when posting user reviews or comments in the Forum section of the Website. In addition, if You choose to correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of Your email messages together with Your email address and our responses; and
- usage information collected as You and others browse our Website;
- your preferences and areas of interest as advised by You on registration and;
We maintain the highest standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at Your own risk. Once we have received Your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Similar to other commercial websites, our Website utilises a standard technology called "cookies" and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used.
Cookies, in conjunction with our web server's log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order constantly to improve our Website and better serve our users.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any Information about You and we do not generally store any of Your Information in cookies.
We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small pieces of code called "web beacons" or "clear gifts" to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
3. How Do We Use The Information That You Provide To Us?
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and Your computer;
- to notify You about any changes to our service;
- to contact You in accordance with Your authorisation as expressed via 'opt-ins' at the point of Registration.
Except as set out below and as expressly authorised by You via 'opt-ins' we do not generally disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example we may inform them that 500 men in the London area have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example Women in SW1).
We may disclose Your Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the Companies Act 1985.
We may pass Your Information to other third party organisations:
- if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose Your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- in accordance with Your authorisation as expressed via 'opt-ins' at the point of Registration.
Please note that by posting any Information in any publicly accessible area of the Website such as the Forums, such Information may be viewed and collected by third parties over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the use of Information by such third parties. Please therefore exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any Information that will be accessible on public areas. We strongly recommend Registered Users keep postings anonymous and avoid disclosing Information that may be used to identify You.
4. How Can You Access And Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all Your Information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing You with details of the information we hold about You.
5. Your Consent
6. Where We Store Your Information
7. What About Other Websites Linked To Our Website?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website, nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Website.